Thursday, July 07, 2005

A dull day for Londoners

Its a dull day for us here in London. Its been a day of disaster. Terrorist attacks on public transport in Central London. Frantic with worry, I called DH this morning to check he was ok. Relief came over me when he picked up his direct line, "Hello Bute"[tiful]. They were told not to leave their buildings all day. The army and police patrolled the streets of London and all commuter services have been closed. Its 4pm and on his way home.

On the knitting front, I have completed Chicago. Who? What? Where? I hear you ask. I started it months back and its taken me a while to complete, but I finally got there. I'm blocking at the moment and plan to sew it together tomorrow.

I also received my order of 300g of Silk yarn from Hip Knits . Packaged in tissue paper and tied in a bow with yarn. This yarn is the most gorgeous colour silk. Its called zing. I have that earmarked for something that I might cast on tonight.

Im also thinking of going to The Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace in October. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of yarn shopping. So if anyone went last year I would be interested to hear from you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO HAPPY TO HEAR you and your husband are ok!

iSeL said...

That yarn is beautiful.
I'll have to check it out.

So sorry about the London attacks.