Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finishing touches to the little room

This is the finished product of the Roman Blinds I made for our guest toilet. I am absolutely delighted with the outcome, I think they look quite professional and only a snippet of the price. I used an old cotton curtain for the backing and an off-cut of fabric from when my mum had her chair re-upholstered. I just wanted to practice before paying out for fabric. It turned out that this fabric went well with the decor so I kept it. I only had to purchase some hooks, rods and rope which probably totalled about £10. It would have cost £200 for my curtain lady to do it!

P.s. that's our bathroom photo when Hubby met Prince Phillip.

In the making