Sunday, November 20, 2005

Mish mash dolly mixture socks

The yarn I dyed is all balled up now and raring to become a pair of socks. I love how the mix of vibrant colours appear all balled up, but once knitted up, I think it looks a bit of a mish-mash of colours. Maybe next time I'll make longer skeins to make sure each dyed colour makes at least one round for a pair of socks. Don't get me wrong I like the colours, they are kind of a dolly mixture look, they're just not stripey socks, they're... I guess - mish-mash socks.

As for my new unnamed design, I have now completed the back. I've kept it simple, just plain stocking stitch with a wide 2x2 ribbed edge. I'm not sure about the front yet, I'm playing around with all sorts of cables at the moment. One thing I'm certain of though, its going to be a v neck. Far more flattering for the buxom woman.

The diet. It's starting again today. Hubby brought home some Krispy Kreme's yesterday, and I've never ever, ever tasted one, and it would have been criminal not to wouldn't it? You know they're the only thing Madonna noshes - good enough for her, good enough for...

No comments: