Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Argyl cardigan... lesson learnt

Now, doesn't that look better. To be quite honest, I didn't think I was such a perfectionist. I would usually just sweep it under the carpet and ignore it, but in this instant I thought the mistake looked too obvious.

Now, had I have been as quick thinking as Karma, who suggested sewing in a brown argyl in that huge gap it had, I'd have probably done that. However, I was too quick to rip it up before asking advice. That will teach me a valuable lesson, tch tch tch!

ARGYL CARDIGAN FROM SPECIAL KNITS BY DEBBIE BLISS

MATERIALS: Rowan All Seasons Cotton in mid-blue, with small amounts of Rowan All Seasons Cotton pale blue and Debbie Bliss DK cotton in brown.

NEEDLES: 4mm

At least now I have a guilt free gift to give.

The Bubela went to a friends house after school today. Oy, he's only four and this is where the real worry starts. He finished school at 3pm, I phoned the kids mum at 3.45pm to check everything was ok (or more importantly they were home from school). No answer. I phone again at 4pm, no answer. Again at 4.10pm. I don't have the mum's mobile telephone, so the neurotic mother that I am, I phone the school and ask for her mobile number. Let me put you in the picture thats in my head at this point... accident, car, hospital... I phone the mobile, "Hi, everything ok?" EVERYTHING OK, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR GOODNESS SAKE, "yes of course, just wanted to check the Bubela wasn't being a nuisance or anything." "He's as good as gold". Of course he is.

Where was she??? *shrinking into my chair* picking up older son from school who finishes at 4pm.

What am I? A typical jewish mother!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks fantastic!! Great job.

goodkarma said...

Wow, Argyle came together so quickly after all! And now it looks perfect. Well done. And I don't blame you one bit for worrying about Bubela. It's like sending your heart out for a walk around the neighborhood.

Ruth said...

wow, that was fast!! doesn't it feel a whole lot better after fixing it. =) GREAT job, very cute. =)

Sweetpea4kids said...

Thanks guys, definately worth knitting up again.

Anonymous said...

Great job and it did come together really quickly! Fantastic!