Saturday, December 31, 2005

Latkes and doughnuts

With one too many of the above, a menorah dripping in wax and the Bubela who loves that every day greets him with a present, I'll be pleased when the holidays are over. I'm waiting for the gym membership card to resume its swipe, the feather duster to detach itself from Hubby's hands and me to sit down with a pair of needles and not feel guilty.

The holidays have been wonderful, I've loved having the Bubela home and Hubby off from work and we've been very busy with friends and family - but enough already.

As you can see the Olive pattern is now available and I'm sure you will love it. She's a real treat to wear and I've worn her so much these holidays. I hope you enjoy her as much as I do.

Since finishing Olive, I've felt quite redundant. Or rather, that I have had no one to argue or fight with. Knit - frog, knit - frog, knit - frog... a real love/hate relationship. I've been working on the alphabet blanket the last few days, and we get on better, a real simple and smooth knit.

I'll take another sip of wine and sing Auld Lang Syne. I wish you all a healthy and Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow Olive is gorgeous ! If I were still in the good old UK I would definately knit it. Well done on getting it finished for Christmas Day. What a treat to wear something that you not only made, but designed on a special day.

All the best of luck with your IVF by the way - I shall be thinking of you - we are desperately trying for baby number two as well - two years so far and no sign - still on we solider.

Sweetpea4kids said...

Thanks Becky. Hope all is well with you in Oman. Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year.