Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Knitting resolutions...

Holiday Knitting isn't finished... because it was never started!! Last year's one knitting resolution was never achieved. And, that all important one was that all family members were to receive a knitted gift for this Channukah. Oh dear. What happened?

For this, I am sharing this year's knitting resolutions early. Have you thought about your knitting resolutions yet?

I'm far too ambitious for my own good, and probably won't accomplish all of these, but here goes.

1. Use up my stash - I'm a real sucker for buying yarn just to look at. Especially if its a bargain. You've seen me flash my stash, and now I feel its time to stop hiding it, get it out, and knit it.

2. Patterns - I have a never ending list of wannaknits. Complete them.

2. Always block - *Huff* What a bore, but clearly a necessity. I can be a real lazy knitter at times. I can either "purposely" forget to do a gauge test, or shy away from blocking. I really need to knuckle down and block.

3. Yarn dyeing - I loved the Kool Aid dyeing that I did last month (pictured). It wasn't half as messy or as scary as I thought it would be. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised with what I created, and I want to experiment more. I want to make my own sock yarn (for Resolution No. 5) in reds, pinks and greens. I'm going to try dyeing with Dylon too.

4. Designing - I'd like to design and knit up a tank top for the Bubela, something with a cable. Everything I knit, he asks "Is that for me?" Bless him. I'll frog the Debbie Bliss Cabled jumper which I knit up for him last year and use that yarn (DB Cotton DK in chocolate brown). He doesn't like it because its so heavy. The hood drags the jumper off his shoulders. The yarn is just too heavy for a hooded jumper, even though it was the recommended yarn. DB Cotton DK may be better as a tank, with a shirt underneath. Smart!!

5. Socks - Knit up a few more. I'd like to purchase a few books, Folk Socks, Sensational Knitted socks, to mention a couple. I want to learn how to knit two socks at once using circulars. If anyone has a link to a good tutorial, could you send it to me please. And, after dyeing my own yarn, I'm definitely going knit a pair of Jaywalkers.

And, the photo... that's the Bubela (as pageboy) sneaking a kiss off the bridesmaid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, have resolved only to knit for myself for the time being. I can't knit at the moment and people never appreciate what I make them as much as I think they should, so all knitting in the first section of the year is for me, me, me.

I think it will be broken very quickly.