Monday, August 08, 2005

Look who's eating Organic

Yesterday morning the Hubby, Bubela and I took a lovely walk through the local Farmers Market. The smell of the burgers from the burger bar was mouthwatering, the look of the vegetables were inviting and the delights of the home-baked cakes were teasing. I settled for home-made Hot Mango chutney and Sweet Pepper and Cucumber relish from one of the stalls, whilst the Bubela and Hubby bit into their sausage sandwiches. Even if I never use the chutneys, they look very pretty in my kitchen. We also came home with a Lilo and Stitch dvd for the Bubela which wasn't home-made!

Day 1 of the GI diet was... dieting. I started with a luxurious porridge this morning with honey, saltanas, banana and flaked almonds. It kept me going until 3pm, and I didn't even think about a biscuit! I made the flapjacks too, they taste as nice as they look.

Ingredients
100g porridge oats
5 tbs of clear honey
4 tbs of crunchy peanut butter
1 tbs of stoneground flour
50g of saltanas

1. Over a low light, mix together the honey and peanut butter until smooth.
2. Mix in the other ingredients in over the low light
3. Press down into a greased loaf tin and bake for 15 mins on high.
4. Leave to completely cool before taking out of tin.
5. Cut and serve.

Here's Amber. No, I'm not all that enthusiastic.
This is probably going to be my first knit that I do not wear. I'm not in love with her at all. It's unflattering, it piles like crazy and it looks shabby. Bits of orange keep turning up everywhere.








...and to put a smile back on your face, here is my neice at her 4th birthday party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's quite funny, at first I thought the picture was of the porridge (easily done if you put too much oats in!). I had a similar experience with my first attempt at rice pudding which you could slice and spread jam on!!!