Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers day

Ubba. Everyday remembered.

This is me and my father on an obvious day! One of my many fonder memories. "I love you, Ubba"

My father passed away 2 years ago this summer. It was a deeply painful time to remember. Fortunately, the fonder memories are able to cloud over the pain, yet a tear somehow always escapes. I often wonder whether he can hear me, or see me. I have so much to show and tell. I hope you can see and be proud of the family I have created.

Your guiding hand on my shoulder will be with me forever.

Here is Hubby and the boys. The photo was taken yesterday on a breezy, grey and cold summer's day.

I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.

- Sigmund Freud

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh I love that quote! I'll have to steal it, thanks:-) Fun pics!