Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dusting down the quilting foot

I've take out my 1/4" foot and attached it to the Old Singer. Yes, Im finally quilting.

I bought the quilting foot months ago, (who am I kidding, I bought it over a year ago) and it has remained in the packet since it dropped through my letterbox. I had always had good intentions, however the Sweetpea4kids clothing range just got in the way and I didn't get the chance to make the intended quilt.

Now, with things slowing down in the shop, and before I release my new Autumn/Winter range, I thought I'd slip in a little "me" project and try a quilt. I didn't realise how quickly it would come together.

Take a look at this fabulous value quilt tutorial.

4 comments:

nickynackynoo said...

I don't have the patience for quilting and am rubbing at cutting and sewing straight lines. Yours looks beautiful. Good to see some of your dress fabrics in there!

Dreams of Yarn said...

Whoo hooo ! I fully support the quilting adventures! Looks really lovely thus far.

Katherine said...

That looks amazing! I love quilts but don't think I would have the patience or skill to make one> Love your range too.

Anonymous said...

I'm about to start a quilt along with the values quilt, you got a head start!

Looks beautiful.