Friday, September 09, 2005

It's almost over for the ruffled edge cardy

The peach coloured Debbie Bliss cardigan is almost finished. It's not intended for anyone in particular, but there are lots of pregnant friends around at the moment, so it's bound to have a good home eventually. I've just got to make my way over to my local haberdashery shop for the ribbon trimmings and buttons and then I'll post pictures.

As for River. Oy, I'm pulling my hair out. I had managed to do 3 repeats (2 of them I'd say were great as can see it here) but, alas, I dropped a stitch. I didn't pick River up for two days, I had the raving needle with it. I eventually picked back about 10 rows, but still couldn't find this damn stitch... gave up. I ripped it off my bamboos and frogged, well tried to - the mohair fibres stick so you can't really rip it apart quickly. I ripped the yarn and am happily starting again at a slower pace. I'm determined to finish a lace project.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Agnes said...

Sorry to read about the bummer on River! Things like that happen ... wish you get through with it soon because it's a beautiful shawl, you'll love it. Thanks for dropping by and the kind words.

Ruth said...

you can do it, you can do it, you can do it!! despite your frustrations, it's looking beautiful so far. you can do it!!! =)

Anonymous said...

It happens to us all. I'm sure KSH should come with a health warning about matting when frogging too. Go on pick it up and don't let it beat you. I promise it is worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

Don't despair! We've all been there. At least you're familiar with the pattern now, and the second go-round should be easier. Keep us posted on the progress.

Anonymous said...

I have frogged so much that I can unknit at least as fast as I can knit. Think of froggin' as skill-building. River will be beautiful when you finish it.