Thursday, March 18, 2010

Home grown produce

Im told there is nothing like eating your home grown produce. I'll let you know when our crop is ready for consumption. At present there is a tiny, incy wincy sprout poking through the soil in a few of the cups on the window sill.

Oy, the excitement of a sprout!

I know. Me. Growing veg. Even with my years' kibbutz experience in the Mango fields. I appreciate slightly different both in climate and surroundings, but never the less those green fingers are back. So, let me tell you all about my seedlings.

We now have this little patch at the back of the garden encased in sleepers and a perfect site for growing veg. Sort of a raised bed, 'cept its not raised. Guess its not a raised bed after all. Anyway, you get the gist.

All lined up on the window sill are little pots of tomatoes, corn, cucumber and peppers. And the tomatoes have sprouted. YAY!!!

Do you home grow? Shall we share photos. OK. I'm going to take photos tomorrow and share.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I don't have a garden, but I love the idea of growing something on my windowsill. I don't have anything yet but as we're starting to get a teeny little bit more sun I'd like to try out some herbs!