Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finishing touches to the little room

This is the finished product of the Roman Blinds I made for our guest toilet. I am absolutely delighted with the outcome, I think they look quite professional and only a snippet of the price. I used an old cotton curtain for the backing and an off-cut of fabric from when my mum had her chair re-upholstered. I just wanted to practice before paying out for fabric. It turned out that this fabric went well with the decor so I kept it. I only had to purchase some hooks, rods and rope which probably totalled about £10. It would have cost £200 for my curtain lady to do it!

P.s. that's our bathroom photo when Hubby met Prince Phillip.

In the making

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are fantastic!

Simply the icing on the cake ~ by Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simply the icing on the cake ~ by Jo said...

Well done! - I love these type of blinds - I have made one for my bedroom!. Thanks for your lovely comments on my cakes! - I have now discovered Flickr too, so my cakes are elsewhere is cyberspace too! - check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-icing-on-the-cake/
(sorry to delete my last comment post - the spelling was awful!!) x

Knitting Mummy said...

Looks lovely. Whenever I see a picture of your house it always looks lovely and tidy, I can only wish that mine looked so good. lol. I also have to mention that I am now addicted to facebook and can't stop going on.